Salt Therapy for Sport Performance Enhancement
When you want to win, you need that edge. As an athlete, you know that every advantage counts. Halotherapy /Salt Therapy for Sports Performance Enhancement can help you get that edge over the competition.
The primary goal of every athlete is to achieve their absolute, maximum potential. One of the most important determinants of whether this is possible is an optimum breathing pattern and lung capacity.
Poor breathing patterns:
- Reduce stamina and performance
- Increase the likelihood of injury in training and competition
- Increase the production of lactic acid and subsequently leave the athlete with residual muscle soreness
- Increase dehydration
- Increase the occurrence of cramps
- Greatly increase recovery time
- Limit gaseous exchange in the lungs
- Elevate the heart rate
- Increase anxiety
- Decrease concentration
- Deplete energy levels
- Contribute to poor sleep patterns
Dry, diffused, saline air inhalation or Halotherapy successfully addresses all of these factors.
The aim of Halotherapy / Salt Therapy, as part of an active sports programme, is to increase lung function and breathing capacity.
Athletes find that once they have optimised their breathing, they can achieve better performance, using less breath. This means they have more air in reserve to achieve outstanding performance.
Clinical Trials have shown that Halotherapy is effective:
- To clear mucous from the airways thus removing airflow obstruction
- To enhance the mucous clearance mechanism in both asthmatic and healthy subjects
- To maintain clear airways
- To provide anti-inflammatory and bactericidal effects in the whole respiratory tract
- To reduce bronchial sensitisation and improve lung function
- To help clear unwanted, inhaled particles from respiratory tract
- As a drug-free treatment for asthma, bronchitis, Cystic Fibrosis (CF) and sinusitis
Thus, integrating Halotherapy into your training routine can induce better lung function, improve performance and, while preventing and treating many underlying respiratory weaknesses among athletes.
Call 033 3344 0533 (local rate even from mobile phones) for your free natural Salt Therapy or book online
"I must admit I was rather sceptical about how much sitting in a room full of salt would be. Twelve sessions later and I am amazed at how much it has aided me in my running. I now find that I can push myself harder and for longer. I have felt a huge improvement in my running and I am seeing this in my times and recently ran a 10k"
"Prior to the treatment I lived on Piriton for my hayfever. I have not had a pill for the last couple of weeks and my symptoms have almost gone completely."
Our mission is to help people (especially children and athletes) who are suffering from various respiratory illnesses such as bronchitis, sinusitis, asthma, hay-fever, pneumonia, wheezing, cold or cough with a drug-free solution (diffused dry saline HaloTherapy) which is free from side-effects.
We focus on the source of the problem rather than just suppressing the symptoms like medication usually does. Try our Salt Therapy in The Salt Cave in Earlsfield (South-West London), Bexleyheath, Tunbridge Wells (Kent), Edinburgh (Scotland) or Milton keynes (Buckinghamshire).